Patent Strategy Internship
The Patent Strategy Intern at the Hudak Group will be immersed for 8-12 weeks in Summer 2015, working with cutting-edge Silicon Valley biotech and medtech startups, and learning the basics of patent portfolio development. The objective of the summer internship program is to provide a talented student with an opportunity to tackle challenging projects while gaining practical work experience and an understanding of patent law fundamentals. This will be a paid summer internship.
- Prior art searches
- Competitive analyses of clients’ competitors
- Draft patent applications
- Draft claims and claim amendments
- Analyze Patent Office communications and draft responses
- Prepare formal documents and Information Disclosure Statements
- Perform legal research regarding changes in patent law
- Improve our internal process management
- Assist in product development of internal patent management workflow tools
- The successful candidate will possess a BS/BSE in biotechnology, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, or other technical discipline.
- Applicant must currently be a student pursuing a law degree or an advanced degree in a technical/scientific field. 1Ls and first-year graduate students will be considered.
- A basic understanding of the patent application process is desired; preference will be given to those with experience performing patent searches, preparing patent applications, and/or responding to USPTO office actions.
- A USPTO patent agent registration is a plus but not required.
- Additional requirements:
- Excellent organizational, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Team player with proven abilities to work with diverse teams.
- Can self-direct, manage, and motivate.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.